Welcome to Week 5: Travel to Argentina!
Enjoy your Argentina Dinner box packed with authentic cuisine. To accompany your dinner, below is a complimentary list of some playlists, activities and translations to transform your home into Argentina for the full travel experience!
- Be sure to tag @thechefstable in any posts of your meal and enjoying your activity! We love seeing all your personal spins of setting up for your night of travel.
Top 50 2021- Contains some familiar songs!: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm_3vnTS-pvkJTrWd87KRrLLlwo9IAgrJ
Music produced in Argentina: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWZVzvqm7nqns
Best Tango: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0TJXJRWEqI
- One of the most famous singers and composers to produce Argentine Tango is Carlos de Gardel. Argentine Tango focuses much more on below the waste movements and footwork, opposed to a ballroom style with many more dips and turns.
For the Kids
- Activities that may be popular with tourists, but will encompass you in authentic culture of Argentina
Argentina Fun Facts: https://www.kids-world-travel-guide.com/argentina-facts.html
Buenos Dias: Good Morning
Muchas Gracias: Thank you a lot
Permiso?: Permission/Can I get by
De Nada: Direct translation: It was nothing, typically meaning You're Welcome
*The Chef's Table is not affiliated with above links - selected through complimentary research to accompany our Travel to Argentina Dinner box*
Menu Details from Head Chef Mark:
- Locro - Vegan Soup: A hearty thick squash stew, associated with native Andean civilizations and popular among the Andes mountain range. It's one of the national dishes of Peru and Northwest Argentina. The dish is a classic squash, corn, beans and potato or pumpkin soup. In some regions, locro is made using a specific kind of potato called "papa chola" which has a unique taste and is difficult to find outside of its home region.
- Gallina Empanadas: A pastry or turnover that is filled with savory ingredients and served hot. The name comes from the verb "empanar" meaning to wrap or coast in bread or dough. These are stuffed with pulled chicken, sweet roasted peppers, tomatoes, green onions, lime and Spanish onions.